Monday, February 2, 2015
Friday, January 30, 2015
I've been inspired by the ever-so-amazing hula seventy and xanthe berkeley to play along with their Color//Colour Lovers weekly roundup. I missed last weeks' start with RED but I did manage to go through my camera roll and dig up enough YELLOW for this week. Next week is PINK and since I'll be out and about in the city a lot, I'm planning on keeping my eye out!
And follow/play along on instagram too! #colorcolourlovers
Monday, January 26, 2015
February will mark SEVEN years since I moved to Charlotte for the second time! I can't believe how fast that has gone by. This city continues to grow on me. There are certain things I'll probably always have my reservations about, but I'd feel that way about any place I live. It's easy and cheap to live here, we get all four seasons (five if you count snowy February, bleh), the city is big and there is always something to do, I feel connected, and I dig the variety of people and landscapes (I could live in a country setting in Charlotte just miles from Uptown. Yes please).
Honorable mention: We live on the border of SC so we can get unbelievably cheap gas.
(Pictured above: DJ YA$ at the Spread Magazine Launch at Dupp and Swat//Freedom Park//McDowell Nature Preserve//The Lynx Light Rail//Romare Bearden Park in Uptown
Friday, January 23, 2015
Reality Bites: Vicki Miner by dandelionapril on Polyvore
Vulture gave the ultimate ode to her last year and it's worth the read.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Chill out bruh, it's just MySpace. 2008
I'm highly nostalgic and I like lists. Let's combine the two. Welcome to the first installment of Things I Remember. I would have used a better picture but I got a new computer and this was literally, LITERALLY the only picture I could find in a pile of old emails I sent myself as record.
Things I Remember from 2008
1. medieval times in Dallas
2. saying my goodbyes
3. leaving San Antonio
4. arriving in Charlotte
5. it felt good. I wasn't alone
6. and then I was alone. for a long time
7. losing out on a job for the worst reason and it was a terrible feeling
8. then there was the bookstore
9. driving around the city a lot. I didn't have a gps or internet at the time
10. the bookstore was easy
11. reading a lot of textbooks
12. walking often, eating well, and feeling good about my body
13. visiting El Paso and seeing my aunt for the last time
15. here comes my future husband
16. what a goofball
17. doing a lot of adult things. I was 24/25 and felt grown up. it was a wonderful feeling
18. oh the wisdom teeth! all four gone. no going under. I went back to work a day or two later. *drops mic*
19. establishing long term friendships
20. craft fairs
21. first kiss on election night
22. oh no this guy just moved right on in. guess we'll keep doing this thing we're doing. hello future husband.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
After YEARS of inactivity, I started adding items to my online shop. I changed the name from the much-beloved Cosmic Ephemera to Hello Urbanist, to go with what I do. I'm trying to get through what I already have packaged from Vintage Charlotte shows, but I have plans to add a lot of curated collections and I'm excited for the future of the shop!