Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Dorothy Collection: Early 80s Airport Style


There's not much to these pictures of my Aunt Dee at the airport in the early 80s, but I love the retro computer system being used in the first photo. I think these were taken on a trip to visit my dad in El Paso, prior to me being born. 

Anyway, for those not familiar--Aunt Dee is the only person I've ever known on my dad's side of the family (other than my dad of course) and we were pretty close. She was twice divorced and never wanted kids. She lived her life exactly how she wanted, even if that meant just coming home from work and reading a book, drinking some wine and watching a little MSNBC. Heck yeah. 

Her condo still serves as headquarters when my parents come to town. And I'm really happy to be the heir to her collection of family ephemera, which date back to the late 1800s.

No comments:

Post a Comment