Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer Reads


This is probably premature, and I'm probably just going to end up flipping through endless HGTV magazines instead, but here's what I plan on reading over the summer. Right now I'm slowly-but-surely making my way through Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. I come out of each chapter wanting to cry, because he has a way of making the universe seem even more wondrous and beautiful than I had previously imagined. I also picked up some Simone De Beauvoir from the library--but let's be honest, it probably won't happen this season. So my top 5 To-Reads are as follows, and interestingly enough multiculturalism, in some form, comes into play in all of them...

1. A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki 
4. Equilateral by Ken Kalfus
5. A Map of Home by Randa Jarrar

Footnote: The last book I read was Where'd You Go Bernadette and I devoured it. Insert a thumbs up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment